At GFS (Global Freight Solutions), respecting your data privacy rights is a top priority. This notice explains why and how we collect personal data about you, how we may process such data, and what rights you have regarding your personal data.
This notice is laid out such that the general provisions are at the top of this notice and you can then select the data subject type that you wish to view the relevant information.
We collect and process your data based on the type of data subject that you are. Please click on the most relevant category(ies) of data subject for your situation and this will take you to the section that describes what data we collect and the reason and justification for processing for that data subject category.
Please read the General Information and then click on the Data Subject Type that you are, as set out below.
The information in this section is relevant to all categories of data subject.
Who controls your personal data?
GFS is responsible for your personal data. You can contact a representative by sending an email to the following address:
You have the following rights:
- The right to be informed.
- You have the right to be informed about how GFS processes your personal data. Typically, GFS communicates this information through privacy notices such as this one.
- The right of data access
- You have a right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right of data rectification
- You always have a right to ask for immediate correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data which we hold about you.
- The right of data erasure
- You have the right to request that personal data be erased when it is no longer needed, where applicable law obliges us to delete the data or the processing of it is unlawful. You may also ask us to erase personal data where you have withdrawn your consent or objected to the data processing. However, this is not a general right to data erasure – there are exceptions.
- The right to restrict data processing
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in specific circumstances. Where that is the case, we may still store your information, but not use it further.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, machine-readable format for your own purposes, or to request us to share it with a third party.
- The right to object to data processing
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data based on the legitimate interests, where your data privacy rights outweigh our reasoning for legitimate interests.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- You have the right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal or similarly significant effects. Currently, GFS does not perform any automated decision making or profiling.
You may request to enforce your data privacy rights by emailing email@example.com
In certain circumstances, we may need to restrict the above rights to safeguard the public interest (e.g., the prevention or detection of crime) or our business interests (e.g., the maintenance of legal privilege).
Consent as a legal basis for processing
For some data processing, GFS uses consent as a legal basis. If you have consented to processing by Global Freight Solutions, please be aware that you have the right to withdraw this consent at any point. If you would like to withdraw consent for a particular type of data processing that GFS performs, please email the following address:
Complaints to a Supervisory Authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority with regards to the way that GFS processes your personal data. GFS recommends lodging a complaint with the ‘Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)’. This is the UK’s supervisory authority and is the one which GFS is registered with.
How we share your data
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
We use data processors who are third parties who provide elements of services for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
In some circumstances we are legally obliged to share information. For example under a court order. In any scenario, we will satisfy ourselves that we have a lawful basis on which to share the information and document our decision making and satisfy ourselves we have a legal basis on which to share the information.
How we protect your information
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data that we hold from unauthorised disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. Where appropriate, we use encryption and other technologies that assist in securing the data you provide. We also require our service providers to comply with strict data privacy requirements where they process your personal data.
How long we keep your personal data
We only keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described in this privacy notice, or until you notify us that you no longer wish us to process your data. After this time, we will securely delete your personal data, unless we are required to keep it to meet legal or regulatory obligations, or to resolve potential legal disputes.
Contact and further information
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or wish to make a complaint about how we handle it, you may contact GFS at: firstname.lastname@example.org