GFS are actively seeking an apprentice to join our Revenue Development Team. The Revenue Development team is a key function within Global Freight Solutions, responsible for ensuring that all revenue opportunities are realised and maximised, whilst supporting an excellent service offering for all customers.
The key focus of this role is to provide support in customer & carrier account queries, whilst ensuring inbound and outbound invoices are processed in a timely and accurate manner. We are looking for a budding apprentice to join us and learn the ropes with full support and training provided. The apprenticeship for this position will be the Financial services administrator (level 3).
Help ensure revenue protection through:
- Managing the timely and accurate data entry of customer rate cards and supplier estimated cost tariffs in the company’s bespoke Invoicing system.
- Confirming that customer despatch profiles containing benchmark financial and operational KPIs are maintained within the company’s Business Intelligence application.
- Ensure that customers rate cards are updated with their latest pricing variations on time
- Safeguarding business profitability by ensuring that business processes are complied with, for example customers are within contract, supplier terms are adhered to and operational variations are in line business policy.
Provide administrative support through:
- Ensuring that all supplier invoices are processed within agreed SLAs.
- Assisting Accounts with Month-End duties in querying and analysing supplier invoices.
- Ensuring that all relevant data sources are received in a timely manner and are accurate and complete.
- Ensuring that all processes are documented and kept up to date.
- Assisting ad-hoc queries from stakeholders across Sales, Accounts and Financial teams.
Support improvement initiatives through:
- Learning new approaches and practices to ensure continual improvement across process and deliverables.
- Identifying areas of improvement that will result in increased efficiencies, productivity, controls, customer service and revenue across the business.
- Picking up ad-hoc projects as & when required.
Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of Excel including basic formulas
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Positive attitude & a team player
- Generate reports for management and other teams
- Awareness of financial processes
- Understanding of Share point & Databases
- Background in the parcels industry or understanding of parcel management systems
- Ability to think of workload in a wider context
Key Internal and External relationships:
- Carriers & Couriers
- Third party suppliers
- Account & Sales Managers
- Finance & Accounts Team
- Group IT
- Customer Services
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.