GFS have a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Regional Operations Manager to join us in Warrington. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the site and operations management of GFS Warrington, the GFS Driver teams and the account management of our third-party Midlands’ hub.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is of the utmost priority and the welfare of staff and visitors is at the forefront of everything we do through compliance with Company and legislative requirements.
- Management and leadership of direct reports including annual appraisals; monthly 1-2-1’s and continuous development of the teams, functionally and behaviourally.
- Recruitment of direct reports in accordance with company policy.
- Maintenance of daily reports on staff attendance; holidays and absence from work and weekly timesheets.
- Control the operational cost as a % of customer revenue and reduce the operational cost per parcel
- Accountable for delivery against service KPI’s, monitoring and cost control, multi-million-pound budget accountability, for delivery and construction.
- Responsible for maintenance and legal compliance of GFS vehicles, ensuring they are always clean and represent the Business in a positive light.
- Implementation of the Operations business strategy to deliver optimum efficiency and business change.
- Develop a culture of high performance across all sites to ensure customer satisfaction delivering a best-in class service at optimal cost.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with external suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Engender a culture of continuous improvement, identifying creative ways to lower operational cost and support the growth of GFS though both domestic and international.
- Create and utilise metrics on warehouse and driver productivity, identifying opportunities to reduce indirect hours, stem miles and empty running, driving down warehouse and Transport CPU.
- Maintain a results’ orientated positive outlook and clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- Improvement of service delivered by Operations to improve customer experience.
- Development of working relationships with key personnel in our carrier partners and 3rd party suppliers.
- Translate the company’s strategic plan into defined operational plans.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the services and products offered by GFS and keep up to date with organisational changes in products or services.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the services and products offered by all GFS carrier partners.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of all partner carrier networks and how each one operates.
- Maintain an understanding of how our operational suppliers work and their capabilities; All other reasonable requirements as specified by senior management, introduce supplier performance metrics and manage performance through periodic and quarterly reviews.
- Support Operations Director deputising for meetings and in the collation of data for Business and Board presentations each month.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Senior Operational management experience in logistics industry preferably Ecommerce
- Ability to carry out analysis to develop and interpret data for reporting and continuous improvement purposes
- Ability to identify opportunities to develop, implement and manage change
- Excellent leadership skills to lead and drive a team through a period of change
- Ability to manage multi-site operations
- Ability to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders to affect best in class
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate at both junior and Board-room level
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to travel to geographical sites away from your home base
- Strong ability to impact and influence
- Excellent interpersonal understanding
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to engender strong engagement and emotional commitment in direct reports and the wider team
- Listens to and values the opinions of others acting with integrity, trust and respect
- Good problem-solving skills
- Approachable, adaptable and flexible
- Challenges assumptions and encourages change
- Positive ‘can-do’ approach Reliable
- Self-motivated with an ambition to succeed Ability to work on own or as a team
- Good time management skills
- Ability to effectively time-manage, prioritising both tactical and strategic priorities
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.