We are currently seeking an individual with a combination of technical ability and soft skills to manage administrative tasks within the team. These tasks will include the technical administration and configuration of GFS applications, triage of inbound issues and requests, dispatching tasks to support analysts, tracking progress, troubleshooting and resolution of issues.
You will be highly organised and an excellent communicator with a passion for delivering superb customer service. You will be flexible and proactive ensuring customer expectations are well managed. You will have a keen eye for detail, take pride in the quality of your work and are always looking for ways to improve the service. Full training on GFS products will be provided.
This is a home-based role; however it will require the occasional travel to Newbury for meetings. Working hours are 8.5 hours between 07:30 and 21:30 Monday to Friday plus paid Out of Hours support as and when required by the business.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
- Assessing, categorising, prioritising all inbound issues.
- Documenting all relevant information in support tickets.
- Directing tasks to the appropriate team or technician.
- Sequencing support work and tracking resolutions based on Service Level Agreements.
- Identifying and troubleshooting issues requiring immediate attention or escalation.
- Notifying stakeholders about the status of their reported issues.
- Administration, set-up, configuration, maintenance of GFS’s portfolio of in-house and third-party software applications. Including liaison with software suppliers and e-commerce and carrier partners
- Handling data within applications including mapping, interrogation, maintenance, creation of reports.
- Integrating applications with other software and systems.
- Assisting with testing and the deployment of new applications and updates.
- Ensuring applications are up to date by applying changes and managing version control.
- Managing user access and permissions.
- Maintaining documentation for configurations, procedures, troubleshooting.
- Providing training to staff and customers to use applications effectively.
Skills and Experience:
- Team player
- Comfortable attending meetings and providing updates to senior members of staff.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Strong planning, scheduling, prioritising skills. Able to manage changing priorities.
- Strong organisational skills around workload, meeting service levels, and completing work on time.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with technical and administrative aspects of role equally.
- Able to develop a strong understanding of the GFS applications and the issues and requests these generate.
- Able to quickly assess nature, severity, impact of incoming issues and react accordingly.
- Experience in configuration and system settings of software applications
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of support ticketing systems.
- SQL databases and query language.
- Logistics industry experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.