Reporting to: Operations Manager
Hours: 09:00-17:30 Monday to Friday and 4 hours on call from home on Sunday (1 hour unpaid Lunch)
As an Operations Support Executive, you will proactively manage the collection activity for GFS, a leader in eCommerce logistics solutions, tracking and taking corrective action where necessary. You will work with external suppliers and partners, as well as internal colleagues, to ensure operational excellence. You are able to provide weekend operational cover from home, 4 hours per weekend.
You are self-driven and can work under your own initiative to provide support to the department. To be successful, you must be reliable, a good communicator, and be able to work harmoniously as a member of a small close knit team in a sometimes demanding environment.
- Pro-actively manage the GFS Solution collection activity and log all issues
- Track third party suppliers to ensure collections are being made to schedule
- Take corrective action where variances to schedule are identified and record any costs incurred
- Set up additional ad-hoc and scheduled collections with 3rd party suppliers and carriers
- Advise and update GFS consolidation points of any changes to planned schedules
- Provide ‘out of hours’ weekend operational cover
- Pro-actively manage weekend collections ensuring they are being made to schedule and advise customers and consolidation points
- Strive to enhance the operational service provided to our customers and maintain high levels of satisfaction
- Develop good working relations with customers and suppliers by telephone, emails and face-to-face throughout the UK
- Assist in the implementation of all new GFS customers
- Liaise with Customer Care and Account Managers to highlight and resolve issues with customers and identify where further advice/training may be required in order to meet the GFS offering
- Provide management with reports analysing supplier and carrier performance
- Coordinate the administration of the GFS van fleet in liaison with GFS depots
- Develop a detailed understanding of GFS services and products; and those offered by our carrier partners and suppliers
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Ability to influence suppliers to effect best in class results
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work on your own
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in the parcel industry
- Strong communication skills to liaise with internal and external suppliers/customers at all levels
- Good level of English & Maths
- Good IT skills – Outlook, Word and Excel
- Problem solving
- Calm nature
- Attention to detail
Interested? Apply now!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.