As a New Business Sales Manager you will be responsible for the success of a team of Commercial Development Managers ensuring they achieve their targets through your superb people management skills. You will also plan, implement and monitor all sales activity against your personal targets.
You have a demonstrable track record of managing a sales team and acquiring new business in the logistics, parcels or express distribution industry.
Global Freight Solutions Ltd (GFS) is the UK’s premier enterprise carrier management company. We offer a suite of delivery solutions for retail and B2B shippers.
Our business is evolving fast, it is exciting times. Our new website www.gfsdeliver.com has received strong reviews and clearly sets us apart.
- Lead, coach and support the sales team ensuring achievement of all targets by constantly monitoring individual performance and conducting regular, monthly review meetings
- Win new business accounts in line with the agreed Sales Policy
- Maximise the available revenue/margin mix within each account and ensure adherence to Sales Policy and overall business objectives
- Implement and monitor both team and personal sales activity
- Carry out joint sales visits
- Contribute significantly to the formulation and implementation of agreed sales targets/budgets
- Ensure sales reports are timely, accurate and informative
- Communicate corporate sales goals and strategy to the sales team
- Keep own product, sector, market and industry knowledge up to date
- Actively develop strong and positive relationships with other key managers in the business
Experience and Skills
- Significant experience of managing and developing a sales function
- Proven track record of success in a new business sale role
- An understanding of the eCommerce market is preferable
- Specialist related industry knowledge and experience is preferable
- Sharp commercial acumen
- Use and application of relevant IT – Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills including presentations skills
- Sound business awareness
- High levels of self-awareness and knows own strengths and is using them to best effect. Knows own weaknesses and works with them
- Can work effectively as part of a team
- Able to recognise success and bring out the best in others to achieve the task
- Self-motivation and a well-founded self-belief, confidence and credibility
- Open minded and the ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to organise self and others
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.