Department: New Business Sales
Reporting to: New Business Sales Manager
Location: Home Based
Hours: 37.5, Monday-Friday
Date: January 2024
Salary: £45,000-£50,000 basic (OTE £90,000)
GFS has been trading since 2001 and is the UK’s leading carrier management company, we work with brands such as Molton Brown, Mamas & Papas and Dune Shoes amongst others. During our 20+ years of operation GFS has developed an obsession for driving carrier performance for the benefit of our customers.
We are looking for an established Business Development Manager with several years new business parcel sales experience to join and be part of the growth of our friendly sales team. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a demonstrated history of achieving new business targets utilising company generated leads and their own. They will be reliable and hardworking with a clear focus on implementing new business opportunities for GFS whilst maximising revenues and have superb communication skills at all levels and a strong ability to impact and influence.
We have exciting growth plans, providing real opportunity for career progression for ambitious individuals. This role has the opportunity to double the salary in commission due to our uncapped structure!
Main areas of responsibility
- To develop a portfolio of prospects through agreed channels
- Gain and implement new business opportunities for GFS whilst maximising revenue and margin for GFS
- Develop and implement an approach to secure competitors in the shortest time possible.
- Ensure strategic management of customer relationships in order to drive highest possible level of service to protect customer relationship and to identify extra opportunities within customer, associated companies, suppliers and peer group.
- Develop and implement a sales plan and call cycle that incorporates initiatives for identifying and gaining new business and maximises growth of existing major account customers to achieve the individual sales (volume and profitability) targets
- Manage all customer-related service information by communication to the Supplier Manager in order to resolve customer issues and protect customer relationship.
- Monitor customer performance, loyalty and satisfaction to measure success, business fluctuation and possible business at risk. Take appropriate corrective action.
- Continuously develop GFS knowledge, commercial awareness and own skills and abilities in order to provide the best possible standard of sales practices and maximise own contribution to selling process.
- Promote GFS brand image and values through own appearance and behaviour so that it reflects GFS high standards and develops customers’ relationship
- Ability to understand customers IT and despatch infrastructure in order to mould GFS solutions to support appropriately.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years sales background in a consultative selling environment within the service industry
- Business/commercial acumen
- Proven success in acquisition of new business
- Proven success in management of existing relationships
- Experience of relationship building and management
- Self-motivated, ambition to succeed
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Problem solving
- Decision making