Global Freight Solutions is a leader in the creation of high-tech solutions for the eCommerce and Logistics market space. We provide a Multi-carrier solution to small and large businesses alike, providing a single point of contact and a simple Customer focused delivery solution. We provide accurate up to date tracking of all parcels, manage all questions and queries and seamlessly handle claims for missing and damaged goods. Our solution has helped many retailers reach customers across the UK and worldwide that were previously out of their reach.
We are currently in the midst of an exciting major platform upgrade and are seeking a Junior Developer to join our UK development office to join this project. The Junior Developer will become a part of our experienced small team responsible for the continued operation and development of our innovative, market leading software.
You will be aware of SQL and NoSQL databases and understand the differences and may have encountered Docker and containerization and understand the benefits that brings.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Creation of clear, quality, tested and documented code – We are developers the main thing we do is write code!
- Deployment, support and maintenance – We have hundreds of services running across 3 Environments it takes a lot of work to keep that all running!
- Continuously developing your own skills – As a junior the most important thing you can do is to keep learning, and we want to help!
Education and Experience:
- A passion for technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field, preferably Information Technology or Computer Science; or equivalent experience.
- A willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills, you can communicate and share your message with a diverse range of people.
- The ability to perform independently and as part of a team.
Experience in any of the following:
- GraphQL with Apollo Server
- A frontend framework such as React or Angular
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- Continuous Delivery/Deployment (CD)
- Public Cloud environments such as AWS, GCP or Azure