GFS have an exciting opportunity join our busy, progressive company in a new position as an IT Support Technician on a 6-month fixed-term contract. Technicians in this role will function as professionals serving as technical experts in the planning, design, implementation, and support of IT Infrastructure services.
Some training will be provided to cover the activities required to fulfill the various aspects of the responsibilities.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Set up new Laptops/PC and update older machines with Windows 10, Software/apps, drivers and deploy
- Support Active Directory and Exchange.
- Support and administration of Domain Controller
- Maintain Disk RAID
- Change backup tapes and maintain logs
- General Server administration.
- Network Management and Support
- General Software and application support.
- General Hardware support and maintenance.
- Support a bespoke Warehouse Management System.
- Create reports with the WMS using Crystal Reports.
- Data formatting & reporting with Excel and SQL
- Liaise and work with external providers and clients.
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Windows Server Administration experience
- Understanding of local and wide area networks, server systems.
- Demonstrated experience in successful implementation of technology solutions
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication of issues, statuses, fixes and follow-ups.
- Demonstrated ability to solve moderately complex technical problems independently
- Working knowledge of server applications –MS Exchange
- Basic knowledge of SQL, MS Excel and Crystal Reports are desired
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.