Do you have a passion for helping others? Do you see the value in creating a fair and equal working environment for everyone? Does the idea of working in a busy, progressive office environment excite you?
The HR department at GFS are actively seeking a keen apprentice to join our team as a HR Administrator to support the HR Director; HR Advisor and Recruitment & Training Advisor in providing an efficient administration service vital for the smooth running of our department.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone wishing to start a career in HR within a progressive forward-thinking business.
Duties to include:
- Assist the HR Director; HR Advisor and Recruitment & Training Advisor providing a comprehensive HR Administration service.
- Filing – ensure electronic and paper personnel files are maintained and archiving is completed in a timely manner in line with legal requirements.
- Maintaining accurate employee records.
- Updating and managing HR Databases.
- Managing the HR Inbox.
- Note taking where necessary.
- Administer and prepare documents for the new starter process.
- Completing Employment Checks including Right to Work Checks and References.
- Hotel Bookings as requested.
- Booking venues for training as required.
- Scanning, Photocopying and Posting.
- Running and creating HR reports.
- Project Work as requested by the HR Director.
- Gathering Information.
- Ensuring HR Templates are up to date and in the correct format both on SharePoint and where applicable on the intranet.
- Ensuring all workstation risk assessments are conducted for new members of staff.
- Adhering to Company Policies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good level of formal education including GCSE Maths & English.
- Excellent Computer Skills including Excel; Word; Powerpoint.
- Excellent numeracy, written and oral skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Resilient; Calm under pressure.
- Good timekeeping.
- Ability to remain confidential at all times.
Desirable experience and qualifications:
- Experience in HR Administration
- CPP/CIPD or working towards
In Return GFS are offering:
- Competitive apprenticeship salary
- Experience within a busy, global company.
- Exposure to all levels of HR support and administration.
- Mentoring and further training and career opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.