GFS have a rare opportunity to join our growing team as a Driver based from our office in Birmingham. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Driver who is looking to progress their career within a global business.
Main areas of responsibility
- Check email, text and voicemail for any operational changes
- Check van to ensure it is in a roadworthy condition
- Undertake daily collections from GFS customers and deliver the freight into as instructed
- Inform Area Operations Manager as soon as possible if there are any holdups preventing you getting to your collections or deliveries.
- Driver can contact customer initially to advise of late running and inform Ops
- Control Tower / Area operations Manager once done.
- Inform Area operations Manager about any problems you, the customer or the delivery depots have or are having.
- Ensure the vans are in presentable condition and cleaned once a week.
- Make visual checks of the vans, such as condition of tyres, lights, door locks and windscreen fluid level and report to Area operations Manager as necessary. Note any warning signs on dashboard and report to Area operations Manager.
- Take vans for servicing or repair work as and when required.
- Submit hours and mileage as necessary
- Let Area Operations Manager know as soon as possible if you’re unable to work through illness etc. and update him daily.
- Submit any holiday request to Area Operations Manager.
Security and end of day activities
- Telephone the Ops Control Tower to confirm all activity is complete and notify any issues
- Lock up and secured the GFS vehicle outside the Birmingham Office. In certain limited circumstances, when pre-approved, the vehicle may be taken home.
Education and Experience
- Full driving licence and qualified to drive the designated GFS vehicle
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self- Motivated
- Ability to build positive relationships with customers and partner organisations
- FLT licence to drive GFS FLT preferred (training will be provided if necessary)
- Excellent interpersonal understanding
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of integrity, trust and respect
- Approachable, adaptable and flexible
- Positive ‘can-do’ approach
- Must have safe driving skills
- Calm nature
- Attention to detail
- Team player
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.