GFS are looking to recruit a new business sales professional, covering the South of England, to ensure the continued growth of GFS Parcels through the acquisition of new customers and to drive GFS turnover growth through agreed sales strategy.
You are self-driven, reliable and hardworking with a clear focus on new business sales. You have superb communication skills at all levels and a strong ability to impact and influence.
- To develop a portfolio of prospects and customers within a defined post code area to support the aligned GFS regional location
- Ensure strategic management of customer relationships in order to drive highest possible levels of service to protect customer relationship and to identify extra opportunities within customer, associated companies, suppliers and peer groups
- Develop and implement a sales plan and call cycle that incorporates initiatives for identifying and gaining new business and maximises revenue in order to exceed sales targets of existing major account customers to achieve the individual sales (volume and profitability) targets
- Monitor customer performance, loyalty and satisfaction to measure success, business fluctuation and possible business at risk. Take appropriate corrective action
- Continuously develop GFS knowledge, commercial awareness and own skills and abilities in order to provide the best possible standard of sales practices and maximise own contribution to selling process
- Promote GFS brand image and values through own appearance and behaviour so that it reflects GFS high standards and develops customers’ relationship
- Understand customers’ IT and despatch infrastructure in order to mould GFS solutions to support appropriately
Experience and skills
- Min 1-3 years’ sales background in a consultative selling environment, ideally but not limited, to the express distribution industry
- Business/commercial acumen
- Proven success in acquisition of new business
- Proven success in management of existing relationships
- Self-motivated, ambition to succeed
- Experience of relationship building and management at Board level
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience in a segmented service industry
- Experience in logistics industry
- Ability to develop IT systems understanding
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.