We are seeking an Assistant Operations Manager to join our operations team in Warrington on a 12-month secondment. This is an extremely rare opportunity with full training and relevant qualifications provided for the right candidate to succeed in the role. The start date for this position will be the 20th June 2022.
Duties to include:
- Accountable for delivery of a sustainable, effective profitable collection and sortation operation.
- Reporting to Operations Manager, ensuring delivery of the GFS service using the GFS fleet; 3rd Party suppliers; the GFS depot and hub locations throughout the UK
- Co-ordination of transport operations to ensure optimal utilisation of resource, equipment and technology
- Regularly meet with the Operations team to set tasks, re-define priorities and review progress.
- Lead projects in new technology such as TMS system and interface with Commercial M.I to develop real-time reporting on Operational cost metrics and cost to serve.
- Working with Operations Manager, seek improvements in current reporting mechanisms to automate and stream-line Operational and financial metrics
- Manage all GFS operational activities to achieve department and business KPI’s
- Controlling the operational cost as a % of customer revenue
- Controlling the operations’ cost per parcel
- Controlling cost of collection service as defined by customer SLA
- Ensuring 3rd party suppliers and GFS fleet maintain the agreed collections performance
- Ensure all 3rd party and GFS collections are carried out within the agreed target-time
- Ensure all operational costs are budgetary constraints, identifying and addressing variances to budget
- Ensure the Operations support team adhere to agreed % of correspondence is completed on time and in-line with at month-end.
- Ensure all services outside of the agreed customer SLA are agreed in advance with the customer or senior manager.
- Implement efficient processes and drive a culture of continuous improvement across the team and working collaboratively with cross-functional and commercial teams
- Ensure compliance with local and international laws (e.g. data protection GDPR)
- Mentor and motivate direct reports and existing team to achieve productivity, engagement and savings supporting their development and Business succession-planning
Education and Experience:
- Operational / Planning management experience in logistics industry
- Ability to carry out analysis to develop and interpret data for reporting purposes
- Experience of developing, implementing and managing change
- Excellent leadership skills to lead and drive a team through a period of change
- Ability to engage and influence internal stakeholders and suppliers to effect best in class
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to travel to geographical sites
- Good level of English & Maths
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal understanding and excellent communication skills
- Listens to and values the opinions of others
- Tolerant and tenacious
- High level of integrity, trust and respect
- Ability to make decisions
- Good problem-solving skills
- Adaptable and flexible with a positive ‘can-do’ approach
- Challenges assumptions and encourages change
- Self-motivated with an ambition to succeed
- Ability to work on own or as a team
- Good time management skills and well organised
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.