GFS have an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join this successful business on a 12 month maternity contract.
The business operates is a high transaction environment with frequent payment runs to numerous large, and multiple small carriers supplying services. Strong control of the purchase ledger is therefore essential to ensure that services are uninterrupted and strong supplier relationships are maintained by timely and accurate payments. This must be achieved whilst minimising the businesses exposure to over-payments through regular reconciliations and commercial awareness.
- Reporting to Accounts Supervisor
- Daily maintenance of the purchase ledger
- A focus on accurate and consistent coding and considering VAT treatment of all entries
- Reconciliation of small carrier payments to the internal ‘Operations System’ (PO system) to ensure accurate charges
- Resolution of disputes and queries though business partnering with internal departments and suppliers
- Ensuring costs have been approved and been matched to a PO in line with policy
- Reconciliation of supplier statements where applicable
- Preparation of weekly payments runs with support from supervisor
- Post fuel card invoices and reconcile associated mileage claims
- Consideration for prepayments and accruals at month end
- Ownership for the accurate and timely recording of transactions
- Responsibility for the review, posting and payment of expenses
- Other duties as required
- Previous experience of using ‘NetSuite’ financial software an advantage
- 2 years + experience of working in a high transaction purchase ledger environment
- A keen eye for detail is essential alongside a talent for problem solving and analysis
- Good Excel skills
- Ability to multitask to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstratable experience of commercial analysis and thinking
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.